re: speedos & L vs S gearing

Speedos:
I need to get the right speedo calibration for my newly 4.1 geared Verde and
have the following observations that should also apply to electronic speedo
GTWee6's:
- - sending units and under-seat amplifier are same for any combination of
gearing, car and X-axle;
- - speedos are driven directly by a small electric motor and odos are driven
by same motor but thru a gearset;
- - speedo motors are labeled with the # of giri per meter (revs per distance)
or vice-versa;
- - compared a US 2.5 speedo motor with my Metric 3.0 speedo and found: the
odo gearing, the # of giri per meter and angle of sweep of the indicating
needle are all different.
There is a bunch of circuitry associated with controlling the speedo motor
and that may be what determines the speed of the motor relative to the rate
of pulses from the sending unit in the tranny.
So, to anyone  who has a metric speedo from a 3.54 geared 2.5 Milano/75 - I
NEED one!

On the subject of gear ratios (part of the 164L vs S discussion):

Whether a car's final drive ratio is geared for top speed at torque peak or
RPM peak or lazy hwy cruising obviously depends on personal preferences and
intended use and the vehicle's characteristics.

I'd like to know how many listers have had experience with "close-ratio"
transmissions. It seems to be really effective to have a transmission geared
so that the "spaces" between ratios is such that the engine goes from its
horsepower peak down to its torque peak when shifting up. A Boss Mustang
that I owned had such a transmission and it was Fabulous. Come to think of
it, the synchros were pretty tough too! Hmmm... . Ford trans swap into Alfa?