91 164L Auto trans woes

Good day all,

Well I was thinking about buying another Alfa and my 164L got jealous the
Automatic Trans is starting to
slip pretty bad especially from stop to 1st. I drained the fluid and found
little granules of black metal
it looked like plastic but it's metal, It actually looks like granulated
carbon as used in fish tanks !
well after cleaning the filter and replacing the fluid its slipping allot
less but I know a rebuild/replacement is in order )-;  I found a 87 SAAB
9000 Trans at a local breaker it's a ZF-4-HP-18
just like mine , mine also has 1050-000-098 on the plate whereas the SAAB
unit is 1050-000-032
Does anyone know for sure if these transmissions are the same? The SAAB unit
needs rebuild too
they said in pulls fine until hot. but they'll let me have it for $200, I
figured I could get this one have it rebuilt so my car will only be apart
for one day?

Any help, kind words or pity greatly appreciated

Curtiss Norheim
91 164L (being babied at the moment)
83 GTV (needs heads)
Huntsville, Al