Re: Kicking out of the garage

Graham Hilder takes the bait:

> Clearly our man has never been in a Sud, as he said, 'cos if he had,
> then he certainly wouldn't be thinking of any possible kicking-out....
> .. in fact he'd be hopping into that car as often as he could, to
> experience the joys of crisp handling, as much free and smooth
> revving as you could wish for, and a nice quick gearchange to go
> with it.  And, if it were a Sud Sprint coupe, head-turning good
> looks as well.

Maybe I'll have to come visit so I can add to my Alfa experience. How
far is the drive to your house from mine in West Texas? ;-)

> It also seems that Mr.Z hasn't been in a late 70s Alfetta GTV either, with
> its appalling handling, reluctance to rev, shameful gearchange, and
> Alfasud-sized front brakes.

Absolutely correct! I looked one over in the local showroom (Alfa of
Austin) when they came out, but never did a test drive. I waited until
the GTV6 was well "seasoned" in `83.  I love those talllll gears!
(Okay, I switched to an `84 interior. So it ain't original! D^mn
purests!!).

Hey, what about a 70's Sport Sedan with an automatic changer? Would I
want one o' them? Nah!

My SO is still p!ssed that I traded the `74 Spider in towards the
GTV6. If she had her way we'd have at least one more Alfa. She's
started looking for another Alfaholic with a bigger...................
garage!  ;-D  Luckily, I'm the only other Alfaholic within several
hundred miles. ;-}

I just can't win!

`nardo "tryin' to keep my 'keeper' SO" zelazninni