Coolant all over the road

Hmmm, my very short period of time with the new Milano has
spawned a ticket, that strange turn signal thing that fellow
digesters gave some good suggestions on, and now a dramatic
radiator failure that's got me back in the VW. After driving
home last night I stopped to get gas, checked the oil and then
found steaming coolant flowing out the bottom of the car. The
temperature gauge had been reading 175, and the car had been
performing fine. After looking around the radiator I saw coolant
running along the bodywork lip underneath the radiator. It
appeared to be coming from the right-hand side as you face the
car. The hoses looked fine. So, two questions:
1. Is it easy to do the replacement myself? The part is $125
from APE and a local Alfa shop quoted $400 for the whole job, so
it'd be nice to save the $275. The shop manual seemed pretty
thorough, and didn't mention any weird tools reqd.
2. Am I missing anything? Could it possibly be anything else?
I'm pretty wary, being a very new Alfisti, and don't want to do
anything silly to make it worse.
Oh, and a third: any tips on refilling the system after doing
the job?
As always, thanks,
Neil.
===