spica solution and Wine Country Classics

Thanks to all who assisted with my Spica troubleshooting.

After testing the cold start and the thermostatic actuator in my 74 Spider,
I moved on to the long and short rods (as suggested by a couple of people).
Lengthening the long rod solved the problem. It did affect the hot idle a
bit, but not proportionally, I think. The eylet needed to be turned
counter-clockwise.
The car no longer idles at 1800rpm when cold !
All is well now.

thx again'

Luke, San Mateo, CA
74 Spider, 82 GTV6, 95 164LS, 99 A6 Q

- -----------------------------------

The Wine Country Classics event at Sears Point was a lot of fun.  Quite a
few Alfas were represented. Two TZ 1s side by side (I was helping with one,
althought there were no problems, except for one push start). A realy nice
red SZ,  few GTAs and one GTV, about two Sprint Speciales, and lots of other
interesting iron, poseurs, real racers, overpriced hot dogs, trophy wives,
you name it....Then, at the end of my afternoon stay, the LeMans cars came
out. Aural symphony ! !!!  They even had a McLaren F1 (parked, not racing),
decaled-race version for us to ogle. It is always worth it to just go and
chat up different people in the paddock about their cars. In terms of the
spectators, the  Delta Sierra corral was up on a hill with a good view.
There seemed to be only one V6, and not one 164, at least when I visited.
Most cars were 105s and 115s, and the owners seemed line nice group, went
all out with the banners. They even corrected the organizer's error, the
usual "Alpha" misspelling on the corral sign...