Something to engineer

It seems to me that what is really needed, is a track legal Spider rollbar
that you can put the top over.  Which probably means a removeable rollbar or
even better for street use, one that can be extended for track use, but would
still provide some measure of protection in daily use.  (My helmet increases
my height by about 2 inches, so a bar that would be legal if I was sitting
there with no helmet, becomes illegal simply by putting on the helmet.  And
yes I am aware that not having a helmet makes me illegal anyway.  I have
spent a few minutes pouring over the AROC competition code in the last few
months getting ready for Nancy Mackey to look over my shoulder at the
national convention.)

Being able to do this with say a 20 minute install and removal, or one with
an add on 4-6 inches would probably make that person rich.  (Certainly would
get a lot of appreciation from Spider owners as well as orders I would hope.)

John Justus (no financial interest in a Spider rollbar as you can see from my
list of Alfas owned below)
1971 1750 GT Veloce
1995 164Q