Re: Performance of 164S compared to 164L

In a message dated 5/24/99 3:53:09 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
owner-alfa-digest@domain.elided writes:

<< I want a 164, but I don't know which one.  Is the performance difference
 very big between the L and the S?  >>

My only qualification for responding (as I've never even ridden in a 164) is
an article I read years ago in one of the leading mags (can't remember which
one) that tested both models when the 164 1st came out.  They were surprised
to find nearly indentical acceleration times with both cars.  Writers did
point out that this may have been a fluke, i.e., the 164S may have been a
little off.  I don't recall what they had to say about comparative handling.

					Bill Sims