Re: Squeaking front end of Milano

In a message dated 5/24/99 3:53:09 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
owner-alfa-digest@domain.elided writes:

<< I haven't crawled under the car yet to try and pinpoint the creaking noise
 I'm getting from the front suspension, but I suspect ball joints. Do these
 have lube fittings, or am I into a new set of ball joints? Is this even
 likely to be the problem? >>

Chances are overwhelming that the lower control arm bushings are dry.  They
are supposedly lubed for life from the factory, but it doesn't seem to work
out that way in many cases.  I've had some luck on 1 car using lots of WD-40.
 Stopped the squeaking, but later I removed the lower control arms and found
the bushings were totally ruined.  Fix was to buy used control arms from APE;
BTW, the used ones came with grease fittings!   I don't see why the grease
fittings couldn't be fitted "in situ", but haven't tried myself.

			Bill Sims