transaxle rear calipers

In looking at some Porsche literature recently, I see 914s have a similar
(not identical) hand brake setup to the Alfetta/GTV6/Milano transaxle
arrangement whereby pulling on the handbrake cable moves a lever on the
caliper, pushing the piston and pad against the disk.  And similarly the pad
clearance to the rotor has to be set by turning a hex head arrangement and
measuring with feeler gauges.  Do 914s have as much grief from leaking seals
and difficult rebuilds in this area as Alfas?  There are probably also a lot
more 914 brake pieces around than ones.  Anyone checked out whether they're
usable (or affordable)?

Andrew Watry (spelled my name right this time)