re: So long and thanks for all the Fish

hi JThw8@domain.elided, ewe said:
>Sorry for the obscure title reference...<<smiles>> to all those who got it.
>This is my last posting to the digest as I have just sent my remove request
>to the administrator.  My 78 spider is home and running well now.  I have
>given up hope of restoring it to "pure" alfisti standards and will instead
>try to make it a car I can love.  When I was involved in British cars it was
>50% love of the car and 50% joy of dealing with the other owners.  I now have
>to find a way with my Alfa to make it 95% love of the car because I have
>gotten about 5% joy of dealing with Alfisti.  Perhaps this digest is not
>indicitive of true Alfisti but for some of us it is the first and only
>contact with the genre we will ever have.  And that is a shame because there
>seems to be more time spent trying to prove ones intellectuall prowess by
>making others feel inferior than there is spent on helping and appreciating
>each others cars.  To those who truly help and love the cars I appologize for
>this waste of bandwidth.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
?!?  mebbe there's another alfa digest in a parallel universe, and ewe were on
the wrong one for a while?!?  sure, this list gets off track now-n-again -
whaddya wanna do - grab yer uzi and mow everyone down that tries to make ewe
feel inferior?  the only one who can make ewe feel inferior is... EWE.  jeez,
i'd take a chill pill - there's a lot of folks that are a real blast on this
list.  i've met a few face-to-face, and had some nice off-digest conwersations
w/some others.  yust laff/shake your head/puke/whatever, when ya read stuff that
offends your sensibilities.  i suggest ewe grit yer teeth and try again -
nothing in it for *me*, but i tink yer cuttin' off yer nose to spite yer face,
as the expression goes.  remember, 98% of EVERYTHING is crap!!!

dug seed in,

'72 de tomaso pantera
'78 ducati darmah
'86 alfa gtwe6 - 3.0 shankle-ized bastard
'88 alfa milano werde
'92 alfa 164L
'95 buell s2

ps - spider drivers are sissies!!!  get a REAL car!!!  ;~)

End of alfa-digest V7 #743