Milano turn-signal and paint

Okay, owned the car for a week, so it's time for the first weird
problem...

I know there was a thread r.e. this about a month ago, but at
that point I was still not an Alfa owner, and I believe it was a
164 that had the same problem.

The left rear turn signal has stopped working. The front left
blinks twice as fast as a result. It is not the bulb, and I
looked at the metal contact strips on the bulb mounting plate
and they look good. All the other left rear lights work fine,
and that little plastic connector seems okay too. So... where do
I look for the short? How is the wire routed through the car?

On a seperate issue, took the car to the Sears Point Vintage
races, and was a bit dismayed to compare my paint to some of the
other nice cars in the car club corral. Frankly, it's looking a
bit dull, has the occassional scratch and is worn through to
bare metal in two places along the top edge of the front left
fender. Does anyone have suggestions for polish/ wax/ touching
up with paint. A friend suggested that colored polish, but I'm
skeptical.

Thanks friends,
Neil.
===