Re: Ignore ARC - But NOT ABS!

> From: Stephen Shapar <shapar@domain.elided>
>
> i)  Clicking Sound When Applying Brakes.  I've got a non-ABS '87 Milano

brake light switch. Follow your hand up from brake pedal and you'll
hit a bush buttom style switch that's pressed in when brake pedal is
released. It makes a noticeable clicking noise when its state is changed.

> ii) Idiot Lights.  The lights on the "Alfa Control" on the Milanos are
> notorious for falsing, meaning, you can't trust 'em.  It's sort of like

Some can be ignored, like windshield washer fluid, coolant level,
engine oil level, etc that you can easily inspect and rule out the
problem. Things like ABS should NOT be taken as false alarm even if
it is.

I've never seen a real false alarm from ABS EXCEPT when you go thru
rough surface and some times ABS gets confused and decided to stop
ABS functionality but the pump will keep supplying braking assist, just
no ABS function.

When above happens, shut off power and restart is a simple reset to the
system and would start working properly again.

ABS warning should be taken seriously under any other situation.
                            ^^^^^^^^^
Jess <--- certainly isn't skilled enough to out-brake the ABS.