RE: Cooling system repair compunds

Graham Hilder wrote:
 =

> I'm always interested in knowing about products which have
> been proven to work, so for me as a Kiwi reader could you
> please advise a little more about the one named Alumaseal
> which you spoke well of...

Alumaseal is a very fine aluminum (or aluminium if you prefer)
powder that is probably available world-wide. In Alfa
pub. no. 2364 (6/75), "Alfetta Inspection Specifications,"
under "Engine Cooling," sealing compounds it states:

   Sealing mixture for cooling circuit,    1 g/liter
   Powder: AXREONS, norm. 3522-00101

   N.B., Alumseal can be used as alternative product.

So Alumseal's use is actually "endorsed" by Alfa.

One of the problems with Alumseal is that if it is dumped
into the coolant reservoir, it just sort of sits there,
so some effort should be made to add it directly to the
radiator. In the US it's available in a small plastic tube
at almost all auto parts stores.

Rich Hirsch
'87 Milano
'78 Spider