AVS vs 509

" Date: Sun, 23 May 1999 10:07:44 PDT
From: "m williams" <gturismo62@domain.elided>
Subject: tires

Hello,
What is the difference between the Yoko 509's and the AVSi's?  I am
interested in tires for my GT Veloce that will give the best handling, and I
don't care about longevity.  TIA-Mark "

In that case especially, Mark, IMHO there is only one choice of the two -
the AVS.  I find the 509s to be adequate street tires although logitudinal
traction is not impressive.  The AVSs are quite amazing even on the track
(especially on the track?).  I continue to amazed at their ability to hang
on especially when sufficiently warmed up.  Given hard driving, the tires
longevity are impressive as well.

I use them on my Duetto.  While the GTV and the Duetto will acccept
205x14x55s, I personally prefer the 195/60s for looks.

( This reflects my personal experience and interpretation only. )