Alternators

Evidently you have not seen any of my postings regarding alternators.  The
only way to check what your charging system is doing is to connect a digital
voltmeter to the battery while the engine idles.  You must see 14.2 volts
right after the engine has been started.  If the battery is already fully
charged you may see the voltage drop to 13.8 or thereabouts.  Your
alternator has what is called an internal regulator but in fact, it is
attached to the back end of the alternator, just the brushes are inside.
The alternator in your GTV-6 is big enough to handle all of your needs if it
is a Bosch unit.  I have been making voltage regulators available to AROC
Club members for much less cost than OEM from dealers.  I also have an
adjustable regulator for those wanting a little higher output.  Fred Di
Matteo, AROC Tech Advisor in Fort Myers, Florida