revitalization of an ICV

A few months ago, I replaced the idle control valve on my 75 twinspark
after cleaning it with WD-40 at several occasions. The valve got stuck,
could be cured,
but it lasted only for a week.
And, since I almost never throw anything in the garbage without at least
see whats inside,
I took it apart yesterday. In case anyone wants to repeat this venture;
At the connector's end; open up the six stakings. I used a knife.
Carefully pull the plastic lid out, pull in the connector, but do not
twist it.
Remove the locking washer and the three washers from the center spindle.

Remove the spring.
Then, using a suitable tool, knock out the spindle from the other side.
This spindle is fixed, and outside of it there is a tube that turns, and
there are
two small needle-bearings giving the tube support.
Inside of this tube, and in the bearings, I had plenty of rust.
Wash it out with WD-40, and using a cotton-bud on a toothpick to clean
the bearings
carefully.
The center spindle had some rust on it, as well. I used steel wool to
polish it up.
Since the valve has to be quick, I used a very thin oil for the
bearings, even though
for instance wheel hub grease probably should keep rust away better.
Then rebuild it, and check the connectors in the plastic lid for oxide.
Make new stakings to keep the plastic lid in place, or some glue.
Clean out the parts were the air flows carefully.

I'm using this revitalized ICV now, just of curiousity. To see how long
it will last.
Maybe this can help someone saving those 400 USD a new ICV costs.

greetings
Lars   75 twinspark '90