Weak jack points, how big a deal?

Help!
My '82 GTV6 has weak front jack points (from rust that worked its way from
the wheel well in).  Given that this is the only weak spot in the underbody,
is this at all structurally significant (seems that it is not to me given
the way the suspension is set up, but I have nothing other than intuition to
go on)?  If it is a structural problem, how involved would it be to have
someone fix it?  The first state inspection guy I went too (not an Alfa guy)
didn't like it at all.

Thanks!

- -Andrew