Smog check advice?

My 4 year old, 44K mile, 164LS is about to go in for it's first California smog check. They are
only few pro-active things I can do besides change the oil and spark plugs. Anything else I can do
besides putting snake oil or Wild Turkey in the gas tank?

- - Do any Northern Californians have any advice on an Alfa-friendly smog center, preferably near
Sunnyvale? (a little closer than Cammisa)

and

- - Does the Adaptive Motronic system behave differently at the Smog center if I have recently been
driving sedately or aggressively (or if I reset it)?

Thanks,
Karl