RE: Flow rate recommendations for fuel pump

Brian Shorey wrote:

<<but here's a tip, provided to me by paul glynn.  install two pumps in
parallel with each other.  if one fails, you're not stranded, or you don't
drop out of your race.  volume capability goes up, not pressure (which is
regulated anyhow).  i think the concept of multiple pumps is addressed in
the pegasus catalog.>>

Hi Brian,

Thanks for the response.  Pegasus does indeed mention the possibility of
multiple pumps, but the price for two SS pumps is basically the same as for
one interrupter-style unit.  The redundant nature of the dual setup is a
compelling safety/convenience feature, but I am left wondering if there
something about an interrupter style that might outweigh that benefit?  I've
tried to do a little research on the differences and relative advantages of
each, but so far have come up blank.  Anyone know?

Thanks,
John
Seattle, WA
'69 GTV