Importing & Computing

Two parts here, first, a question for the digesti -

As a resident/citizen of the USA and a person who needs parts from outside=20
the USA, how do I go about working with the feds when the parts are shipped=20
in from another country? I assume there will be customs to deal with and dut=
y=20
to pay (using the nose, of course). Or is there?

The dogs can sniff the package all they want, I don't care about that. And=20
the parts are all legit, they're things like bushings and master cylinders.=20
What I'm really concerned about is the taxes/duty on the order. Does import=20
fees/duty/taxes apply if the parts are to be used by and for a private=20
individual (that is, no resale, etc.)?

Is it easier just to keep the dollar value low enough to remain below the=20
duty radar? If yes, does anyone know the amount to stay below?

Second item - I thought I'd pass on something I received from my IS=20
(computing) people:

Ten Ways To Tell If A Redneck Has Been Working On A Computer
=20
 =A0 10. The monitor is up on blocks.
=20
 =A0=A0 9. Outgoing faxes have tobacco stains on them.
=20
 =A0=A0 8. The six front keys have rotted out.
=20
 =A0=A0 7. The extra RAM slots have Ford truck parts stored in them.
=20
 =A0=A0 6. The numeric keypad only goes up to six.
=20
 =A0=A0 5. The password is "Bubba."
=20
 =A0=A0 4. There's a gun rack mounted on the CPU.
=20
 =A0=A0 3. There's a Skoal can in the CD-ROM drive.
=20
 =A0=A0 2. The keyboard is painted in camouflage.
=20
 AND the number 1 way to tell if a Redneck has been working on a computer=20
is...
=20
 1. The mouse is referred to as a "critter."

No offense intended to my southern neighbors ... :-)

TIA & ciao

Tom
'63 Spider (needing ferrin' parts)
Seattle