Re:Doughnut life

In a message dated 5/19/99 9:56:16 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
owner-alfa-digest@domain.elided writes:

<< Can anyone verify the difference between our donuts and their donuts?
 I cerntainly don't see ours last 50k/5yr.  >>
	I got 100k out of all the doughnuts in my '78 Alfetta before the
front one started chunking and the center one showed some stress cracks.  And
this is a 160 hp 2 liter used in lots of autocrosses over 10 years, plus
highway use.  On my Verde I've replaced only 1 doughnut (the back one) in
135k miles, and it "busted" when I dumped the clutch in a juvenile act.  So I
don't understand why they don't last longer on other Alfas.....any ideas?

	Bill Sims