Re: New vs. straightened out fenders

In a message dated 5/19/99 9:07:39 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
owner-alfa-digest@domain.elided writes:

<<  have a damaged bumper and fender.  I can have an autobody shop hammer out
 the dents or buy new parts from someone like a Centerline or International
 Auto (or maybe from an Alfa Romeo dealer?).

 Question 1:  Assuming the costs are similar between the two options (repair
 or replace), what would you recommend? >>

If it were my car I'd go for the new, and make sure that before installation
it is well coated on the inside with Boeing T-shield or a similar product.
Beating/straightening a fender does lots of damage to any galvanizing on the
inside of fenders.  Even ungalvanized fenders seem to rust faster after
repairs....

	Bill Sims

End of alfa-digest V7 #730