Re: What is current thought on life of "improved" timing belts

In a message dated 5/19/99 11:02:54 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
owner-alfa-digest@domain.elided writes:

<< An unnamed very official source told me that the
 new timing belts are good for much more than 30K, but I also don't get a
 free motor if it breaks >>

When I ordered a new timing belt from IAP the rep told me the belt is "now
good for 100,000 miles".  Asked if IAP would pay for repairs if it broke
before then.....as the belt is now at almost 40,000 miles I'm starting to
wonder about it.  The 1st owner didn't replace the original belt and it broke
at 65,000 miles.

What is a reasonable mileage to go with the "new" belts?

		Bill Sims