Re: the etc. in - Forum for Discussion of Alfa Romeos, etc.

At 07:49 AM 5/19/99 +0000, Biba wrote:
>Please do the majority a huge favor and either let us know when you feel
>things are getting out of hand or simply delete the message part of
>those emails you feel inappropriate.

i cannot take the time to look at all messages before they go out. i can
only bandaid after the fact.

> And, no, I'm not suggesting you sit
>there hour after hour playing censor. However, a little well chosen
>electronic "blue penciling" might let some individuals realize it's time
>to shut up on a particular subject.

given my time constraints, the only options i have are 1) telling people to
stop some discussions and 2) putting them in a block list after they ignore
option 1)

>Another concern I have, which I'm especially sensitive to, is how
>blatant can we advertise Alfa items or vehicles on the Digest? Strictly
>using this as an example, there was a recent "ad" for urethane bushings.
>I personally thought the drill was to reply to someone with a suspension
>problem (for instance) and say, "Sounds like your groaning sound might
>be coming from worn out bushings. I just happen to have..."

it's ok to do private classifieds. anyone selling anything on a more
commercial basis really should talk to me about advertising on the digest.

richard