the etc. in - Forum for Discussion of Alfa Romeos, etc.

An open letter to Richard Welty.

I strongly suspect 99.99% of the Digesters would like to read about Alfa
Romeos. Period. Even though you included an etc., I personally take it
to mean subjects closely related to Alfas.

Please do the majority a huge favor and either let us know when you feel
things are getting out of hand or simply delete the message part of
those emails you feel inappropriate. And, no, I'm not suggesting you sit
there hour after hour playing censor. However, a little well chosen
electronic "blue penciling" might let some individuals realize it's time
to shut up on a particular subject.

Another concern I have, which I'm especially sensitive to, is how
blatant can we advertise Alfa items or vehicles on the Digest? Strictly
using this as an example, there was a recent "ad" for urethane bushings.
I personally thought the drill was to reply to someone with a suspension
problem (for instance) and say, "Sounds like your groaning sound might
be coming from worn out bushings. I just happen to have..."

If this is okay then couldn't Centerline and IAP, among others, download
their entire inventories onto the Digest, ending with a, "Thought you
might be interested"?

Biba
Irwindale CA