Alfa Gun Racks

<<<<<
With all the Rosie vs. the gun lobby banter going on, I was wondering if
any of the Digesti have fitted their cars with gun racks?

You may find this weird, but I've installed Velcro holster mounts under the
dashboards of all three of my cars.  Arkansas is a very rural state.  About
10 years ago, an escaped rapist tried to run my mother off the road when
she was driving between towns.  She outdrove him, but she was also armed
with a pistol... just in case.

There is an FBI statistic that says you are more likely to harm somebody in
your family with a pistol than to shoot a criminal.  That statistic is a
political lie: if the *presence* of your gun scares off the criminal
without a shot being fired, IT'S NOT COUNTED.  And the job of the police is
to catch the criminal after a crime has been committed, NOT guarantee your
safety (this was decided by the Supreme Count a couple of decades back.)

However, weapons safety (not just gun safety) MUST be trained.  Just as
Americans don't learn how to DRIVE their cars, most hunting safety classes
don't teach SAFETY and RESPECT for the power and responsibility of using
the weapon.

If guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns (be honest, they already
have them.)  If an honest person's weapons are taken away, who will protect
him then?  When the police are 50 miles away?  I don't know about anybody
else, but I intend to protect my family.

Howard K. Warren, Little Rock, AR
(son of an Army weapons instructor... I KNOW and respect weapons!)
1988 Milano Platinum... armed
1991 164L... armed
1984 GTV-6... armed