Re: 300hp milano

Jess wrote:

<< I was reading milano/75's electric diagram and noticed items
labeled
as "relay for supercharger" "fuse for supercharger" and "super charger
gnd"
etc. >>

Could those items have been for the turbodiesel model 75? They made
more than a few.

With regard to 300 HP and the driveline...never underestimate the
power of the dark side of giubos. Aren't they also used in some other
Italian makes (like F***ri) that produce that range of HP from
probably higher-torque plants? I'd always understood that if their
rubber is good -- < 50K miles / 5 years -- they're stronger and more
reliable than u-joints.

Looking at giubos, though, wouldn't they be better still if one were
to surround the rubber with a tough mesh of some kind? Perhaps kevlar.
This would keep the rubber from squirting out between the bushings as
much and probably reduce long-term strain. (Go ahead, engineers...take
the idea if you like. I don't mind a bit, just name them after me if
you do. Something like Hamble-Joints or some such.)

- - Eric Hambleton, Clearwater, FL
1983 GTV6 -- Felicite