105/115 series clutch slave cylinder stuck and alfetta water leak .

The seals on my 86 spider clutch slave cylinder are weeping so its time to
replace. However having removed the circlips I have since discovered that
the  cast iron cylinder has corrosion bonded itself to the aluminium bell
housing holder. So far liberal coatings of WD40, application of heat using a
propane torch to the aluminium holder (not at the same time as the WD40!!!)
have failed to budge it. I've also tried tapping a wooden block against the
lip of the slave cylinder,although am reluctant to hit any harder for fear
of fracturing the aluminium holder. All this has been combined with a pair
of vice grips/spanner hanging on to the flats machined onto one end of the
s/cylinder.

Apart from persistence, anyone have any more suggestions?

Second problem relates to our 84 Alfetta GCL with Dellortos. It seems to
have developed a reasonable water leak where the heated inlet manifold bolts
to the engine. Leak seems to slow down or almost stop when the whole
assembly eventually warms up. The only solution appears to be to pull the
manifold assembly off and re-seal, as the leak is somewhere on the underside
of the manifold. I've checked all the nuts, which seem to be tight. I would
be open to any other suggestions or experiences in solving similar problems
before I pull things apart.

Thanks in advance,

Warren Reid
Melbourne, Australia
(having a bad Alfa week, with only the 1750 GTV behaving itself - touch
wood!)