re.:Bay area service

Hi Don,
I can offer advice on two places:

Cammisa: Only been there once, to get a part at the service place (as
opposed to sales, which is where you probably had your bad experience), and
they seemed very nice. One of the guys even came over and suggested some
mods for my car, so they're obviously into that stuff. Besides which, I
think the service manager used to be fairly high-ranking in the Alfa service
organization. Godfrey diGiorgi (sp? also on this list) had his
"FrankenSpider" done there.

A-1 Foreign: This is where I go regularly. John Kelemen (the owner) has 3
Alfa 2000 spiders (102s, not 115s), a roundtail spider, a GTV6, and a 1750
GTV. He's close to my house, and I'm happy with him for regular service. His
specialty is Alfa/Fiat, but he does most other brands as well. Very nice,
he'll do small things for free for regular customers.

I guess I'm going in the opposite direction - I've just replaced the water
pump, starter, and fuel pump in the last few months, all with the help of
the digest. Still a long way from removing the head or anything like

Hope this helps
Chris Keen
'77 spider
Los Altos, CA