Re: 300hp milano

> From: Nick Koleszar <koleszar@domain.elided>
>
> I have heard that the real limiting facter when hot-rodding the 75 is =
> the gearbox. Is this true? How much power can it handle in stock form =
> and how much investment would be needed to handle, say, 300bhp?

I think the real limit are the donuts on the driveshaft. Think about
300 hourses twisting that poor little rubber donut that connects
drive shaft thru a few bolts and nuts...

clutch would be next in line, but upgraded clutchs (carbon kevlar etc) would
help.

as for gearbox, with smooth matched shifting and no dropping clutchs,
it should be okey IMHO.

> the 300 is getting a little hairy perhaps. Surely supercharging and NO2 =
> should do it, no?

I was reading milano/75's electric diagram and noticed items labeled
as "relay for supercharger" "fuse for supercharger" and "super charger gnd"
etc. Didn't have time to get in deep as I was studying other part of
circuitry. Anyone thinking about supercharging should take look of the
workshop manual for clues.

zamani, maybe you'd be interested in an aftermarket supercharger?
I think the "compressor" type of supercharger is more consistant
than the "blower" type of supercharger. These days, electronic
controllers are so much more advanced that the system can be
pretty reliable.

Jess