Bay area service

A current lack of a garage and time has forced me to a most horrid
realization:  I must take my car to somebody else for service!  Oh woe is
me...I am reduced to being a check-book mechanic <sob>

Since I have never taken any car in, much less one of my Alfas, I am a bit
out of touch with the current service providers in the Bay area.  I happen
to be on the Peninsula, Redwood City, and I am looking for somebody to
perform some performance and maintenance oriented engine work on an already
modified carb'ed 2.0 Spider.  Looking through my current 'cams turns up the
following people:

Cammisa in Burlingame-
Close by, but after the way I was recently treated while looking at an Audi
A4 on there lot I have no interest in taking a car to them!

Silicon Valley Performance in Palo Alto-
Well, the 'performance' part of there name sounds promising and they are
close to West Marine so I can get stuff for my boat at the same time...other
than that I know nothing about them.

Natale's Auto Repair in Los Gatos-
never heard of them

A-1 Foreign auto in Mt. View-
uh, they advertise in the 'cams so I suppose they know something about
Alfas?

itaian performance in San Carlos-
Don Baker has a pretty good rep, also a pretty expensive one.  I talked to
him once before and he dismissed me out of hand as I apparently didn't meet
his criteria for a serious enthusiast (apparently because I had my own
opinions)  Definitely not my first choice because of his attitude despite
his reputation.

There are several others in SF and such that I haven't gotten around to as
they are further away.  My question is who would you recommend for good work
at fair prices?  I'm willing to travel to the east bay or SF/SJ as needed,
but I would like some input before I start cold-calling people.

Any suggestions?  Personal experience?

Thanks,

Don Happel
sales, Yachts 101