Re: 3.0 torque

In a message dated 5/18/99 12:26:23 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
owner-alfa-digest@domain.elided writes:

<<  I don't find
 the 3.0 very torquey at all, neither does it rev so I'm planning mods to
 engine internals, breathing and installation of a modern engine management
 system. >>

What is lots of torque to some is little to others, but I feel my Verde has
lots of torque for a 3 liter, and much, much  more than the GTV-6 it
replaced.   When I 1st started driving it I accidentally took off a few times
in 3rd gear.  The GTV-6 would not have done that without lots of clutch
slippage.

Is your timing set right?   Or maybe your standard for torque is higher than
mine.

  Then again, the Verde does  not have much torque compared to the '68 AMX I
traded for an Austin_Healey....

			Bill Sims