Re: Alfas and Rosie (controversial)

In a message dated 5/15/99, 5:12:57 PM, alfa@domain.elided writes:
<<These are complicated questions and can only provoke
complicated answers; however, to deny these valid associations will only
encourage those who - metaphorivcally - hope to reduce hit and run
accidents by outlawing the Lotus Elise in the USA.>>

One of the "non-Alfa" highlights of the recent Alfa weekend at Lime Rock was
the appearance of a Lotus Elise.  The car was brought in to this country
legally as a race car, but may never be registered for street use.  As I
looked at it, I was struck by the absurdity of the following circumstance:  I
am well within my rights to purchase and register an assualt weapon, but
cannot register this car.  Something must be wrong.

- -Tarik
'84 GTV/6 3.0 "Christina"
'87 Milano Gold (will sell cheap - located in NY/CT area)