Milano Questions

Hello Alfisti,

1-    A few days ago my car got stuck in 5th gear. After I got it to come out of 5th it would
go into 1st, 2nd and 5th but not 3rd or 4th. After a few miles of driving everything was back
to normal. This is really strange. I suspect it has something do the linkage and not the
transmission. I'm going to check on it.

2-    My intermittent driveline vibration has now become less intermittent. Now the driveline
vibrates all the time. I can hear some clunking from the tunnel right under the shifter.
Center support bearing maybe? It has not been replaced for the last 100K+ miles.

3-    I'm about to change gearbox oil. I bought some Valvoline 80W90 Durablend, is that ok? I
couldn't get it in 75W90. Has anyone tried the Mobil 1 or Castrol Syntec 75W90 synthetic
lubricants in their transmission? I am currently using 1 quart Redline MTL + 2 quarts
Valvoline 75W90.

4-    About the chassis stiffener. I'm interested if one could be made for the Milano. I
think it flexes a little too much but definitely not as bad as I may make it sound like.
Problem is the person potentially able to fabricate the piece does not have access to a
Milano and there is so far one interested party. Me. Anybody else interested? The bar bolted
under the Milano which is absent in the sport sedan seems really cheesy. What would be cool
if a bar like that were to be made but with something beefier and stronger mounting points.
And maybe make a cross bar that can be bolted on which runs across and under the driveshaft
but above the center exhaust joints (where it meets the cat).

Thank you.

Regards,

Zamani