ALFA Response to Westphal50@domain.elided

ALFA CONTENT :  All them damned British cars leak oil and have fussy
electrics;

							Alfas don't.  ( By
the way, no one will ever have to pry an Alfa steering wheel from my cold
dead hands. )

Your post, obviously, is an attack on Clinton or perhaps even Liberalism in
general.  I have no problem with that in itself.  I might even join you in
your sarcasm and its target.  However, as soon as you try to point out a
particlur set of negative traites such as treason or hypocrisy or the
provocation of nuclear war or other threats to national security and in
doing so *only* point to one man or one party, any credibility your
argument might have had is gone in a blink.  You do not express a dislike
for certain behavior so much as the behavior of certain individuals and
political groups.  This kind of one sidedness exists when discussing guns
as well.

Your argument is so blatantly one sided and self serving that you're not
even wrong.

Here are a few odds and ends that easily jump to mind to add to your
presentation that will put your argument in some legitimately balanced
perspective.........

*  During the massacre at Tienamen and afterwards, George Bush had a team
in China working on an arms deal with the Chinese.

*  After the massacre Bush apologized for the event on the basis that as
bad as the Chinese conservatives might be, it is still in our economic self
interest to do business with them.

*  When Ronald Reagan was asked what he tought of the Computer Games that
are infatuating youth, he responded by saying, "It will teach them to be
good fighter pilots."

*  When asked about the downing of a South Korean Passenger plane KAL007
after passing over highly secure Russian territory as did our spy planes
commonly infiltrate, Reagan announced that this was a deliberate attack by
a squadron of Russian fighters who knew precisely what they were doing.  (
Sound familiar? ) Having already gotten a CIA report on what *actually*
happened off the Russian coast, this was just one of his flagrant war
provoking lies.

*  Reagan's personal government, contrary to the will of congress, was a
secret underground government which attempted to trade arms for *not
hostages* but for ONE CIA station chief caught in Iran - Coincidently, a
very good friend of Reagan's.

*  Contrary to the will of congress, RR's government attempted to squeeze
money out of true believers and foreign governments looking for political
and economic kick backs for the purpose of financing the Contra terrorists
and drug dealers.

*  Our country at that time was being heavily and dangerously influenced by
the president's wife; the Reagan's were guided much more by astrology than
by rationality.

*  Reagan sent Bush to see Saddam Hussien to convince him to bomb Iranian
*civilian* targets so that the government there would be more apt to trade
for missles.

*  Reagan made jokes about the nuclear bombing of Russia including a mock
announcement that it was happening as he spoke.

*  During the Iran/Iraq war, the Conservative mantra in the states was :
"The longer they go on killing each other, the better we like it."

*  During the under-oath testimony of Reagan about his secret government
and about funds to the Contras and hostage trade, Reagan either lied and
lied and lied or had  convenient lapses of memory.  "I think I might have
heard of that somewhere, but that's all I remember."

*  Reagan commonly met with doners to his party in his office where photos
would be taken and their egos buttered in exchange for money.  There was a
steady flow into his office.

*  Wonder how Reagan got his ranch?  Look it up.  All of this is common
knowledge.

                                                  None of this is hidden
but is simply ignored by some by choice.  And it goes on and on and on.

When you decide to present *honest* and *non-hypocritcal* arguments about
anything, I will be extremely ready to listen and to honestly consider.