RE: Oil Pressure

Jerry in Houston wrote:

<< This is baloney.  Oil pressure comes solely from the oil pump...>>

Well, I've got this experimental rig running where I've pressurized
the system with about 20 qts of oil after sealing all possible points
of exit. It utilizes special diamond-honed pre-broken gaskets
carefully reassembled with triple-red locktite 5 (part no. 256 -- no
longer available). Of course the oil inside is synthetic, used for its
excellent abrasive qualities. The only downside was that my oil gauge
popped out of the dash and hit my youngest daughter who was sitting in
the back seat. She's ok, now...she simply grabbed some ice from the
drink she had in the rear cupholder.

Jerry, they were kidding around...backtrack the thread, it's intended
as humor.

- - Eric H. in Clearwater, FL trying at humor after a bad day at work
1983 GTV6 (101.3 series with jet-fueled Super-Turbina engine developed
in secret Alfa labs)