164 Clutch Adjustment?

My 164S is no fun to drive in the 'burbs.  It lugs in 2nd at 3000 rpm, and
below, and above.  I have to accelerate significantly on starts.  Traffic
sucks in Atlanta, so these are driving conditions that are more the norm
than the exception.

It's a new clutch (10,000 miles), added as part of the unfortunate need to
replace the original engine.  I fear I know the answer, but I'll ask anyway.
Can you adjust the clutch?  Any suggestions on how to attain smooth and
effortless take offs?

steve.morgan@domain.elided <mailto:steve.morgan@domain.elided>
91 164S
82 Spider Veloce