Re: GTV6 clutch woes

	I decided that my GTV6 needs a new clutch. The old one seems to
have disintigrated and there are metal scrapings all over the top of the
clutch housing. I disconnected the driveshaft, dropped the front of the
transaxle, removed all the bolts holding the clutch cover in place, etc.,
but I can't get the clutch assembly to come out. If I gently pry the cover
away from the front half of the transaxle housing I can get it to slide
forward 1/4" or so, but it will spring back into place if I remove the pry
bar.
	The whole cover comes forward, but it seems to be crooked like it
is skewed on the input shaft. If I have the cover pryed forward and then
rotate the yoke at the front of the clutch housing, the opposit side of the
cover will get looser then tighter then looser as I continue to rotate the
yoke.
	A couple of small (1"x2") pieces of sheet metal fell out the bottom
of the clutch housing. I am wondering it there is another one in there
trapped between the clutch disk and the pressure plate. Perhaps that is
causing the disk to tip on the input shaft binding it in place?
	I did remove the arm from the front of the gear selector shaft, but
I did not do anything with the slave cylinder or the release fork. None of
the articles I read mentioned it. Any ideas about how I should proceed?

- -Obie
Tacoma, WA
'83 GTV6
'78 Alfetta GT