re: bleeding Spider brakes

On May 11, Jake Thomas asked about bleeding brake lines in his 78 Spider.
===========
Having replaced MC and hoses, I'm bleeding the brakes and wondering how to
tell when done.  There's about 2" of movement at the centre of the pedal
now, with booster hose disconnected, suggesting to me that air remains in
the system.  But I've used nearly a quart of fluid already.  Tips appreciated.
===========
While I can't speak for a '78 specifically, I can at least be general. Just
did the brakes on my '86 Spider. Had some sponginess in mine as well until I
started over and bled in proper sequence. If you have not already done so,
bleed the lines from longest to shortest until you get no hint of air. Then
move on to the next line. Here is the order that works: right rear, left
rear, right front, left front. This order made my braking action solid.

If you already did yours in this order, well... then forget that I wrote
this, and I'll go away quietly.

Good luck.

Bob Rice
86 Spider  (and lovin' it)