Misc. musings on brakes

Many years ago I popped some disc brakes on the front of an old
Giulietta Sprint, replacing the drum style.  What a simple job it was
too.  Seems like I recall they were Dunlop/Girling calipers.  Just a
matter of popping upper+lower ball joints, tierod end and brake hose.
Are these the "Unobtanium" brakes recently referred to in this space?
Results were disappointing as braking action was imbalanced, but I liked
the ease of servicing.  Picked up a set of ATE fronts and considered the
same switch on my '61 Spider when I was brutally reminded of the huge
redesign of the front spindles.

On a related note, and it may have been mentioned here, just replaced
front pads on the Milano and discovered even a slight amount of
looseness in the front wheel bearings can contribute significantly to,
for lack of a better word, Groaning from the front pads at slow speeds
and with the wheels cocked as when pulling into a parking slot.  Pads
were replaced with Ricambi Originali.  Anyone tried with any success
transferring the low pad warning leads to an aftermarket pad?  Looks
like they could be drilled and fitted...

Al Fista