Milano final drives and transmissions

I have already responded off the digest to this but I
thought I'd ad a couple things here.
Virtually everyone who races a Verde in SCCA, uses the
Platinum box or at least the 4.10 final and LSD from
one.
I think some of these feelings about the swap, may
stem from people using GTV6 gearboxes with the 4.10
final.  The GTV6 had much lower first through third
gear ratios.  The 2.5 Milano box has uprated 1,2,3
gears with third being only one tooth difference.
It will buzz a little on the highway (3100@70) and you
can't wind first gear for two blocks, but it's all
according to what you want from your car.  I promise
that from zero to top speed, all other things being
equal, the lower rear will eat the stock ratio alive.

I've never driven a stock Verde that would hit the rev
limiter in 5th gear or talked to anyone that I
believed, that said their car would pull the rev
limiter in 5th.  So 5th is a highway overdrive.
I know for a fact you can twist the speedo needle off
with the 4.10.

The lower ratio accelerates faster in all gears (third
is awesome) and has a higher top speed.  First is
certainly usable and can pull 40+mph at the rev
limiter.  In the middle, you can do a 5/3 at 60 mph
and pass nearly anything up to 80 or so.

Reduced fuel economy... YES.  Busy revs on long
highway trips... YES.

Buy a "Swift" for mileage and rent a "Lexus" for long
trips!!!

IMHO

dave miller
deltona, florida