Help! My spiders front wheel has locked!

Yet again I enlist the help of my fellow Alfisti, this time I'm stranded
at work (oh no!)

Last weekend I had wheelworks in San Jose swap the wheels and tyres from
my 85 spider (yokonamas) to my 73 spider (Pirellis).  Wheelworks
informed me that one of the left front studs was spinning and they
couldn't get a nut on.  they assured me that it was safe to drive.
After a cruising to work today (15 miles - traffic and freeway) I was
about to turn into my parking spot when the wheels locked - just like
someone yanked up the handbrake.  I could reverse a few feet but on
going forward again it locked up again.  I eventually got it into a
parking spot.  Everything looks fine except for the fact that the loose
stud seems to have fallen into the hub. So I have a few questions:

* did the stud jam the wheel ?  (likely)

* how easy is it to get out ?  (remove wheel, brake caliper, center
cap...anything else ?)

* should I just get it out and put the wheel back on or should I
absolutely get a new stud ?  can these studs be found at your average
auto shop e.g. Pep boys, Kragens ?

* could I have damaged something more serious ?  Should I just get the
damn thing towed ?

Any help *really appreciated*  I'm stuck here at work, I can probably
get someone to bring me my tools but I'd like to hear from anybody who
this kind of problem first.  The car is on Arastradero Road, near 280
in  Palo Alto.

Keith Ahern
85 spider
73 spider (grrrr)