Rear Trans Mount Spline Joint and

HI All,
I know somebody out there has done these repairs so... HELP!
I crawled under my 76 Spider last nite to replace the rear transmission
mount
and found that the bolt holding it in is just a little to long to come out
before it
hits the tunnel. What's the trick?
Also, I was going to take the rear half of the driveshft to a shop (yes I
marked it)
to have the diffie U-joint replaced but the spline joint wouldn't come
apart.
Is that little knurled portion on the U-joint side a threaded retaining ring
or what?
Any input is greatly appreciated.
Dave Partridge
76 Spider