re: Milano gearing

hi chip, you asked:
>My 89 Milano Gold is awaiting a 3.0L heart transplant. My question is
>this:
>How will it be with the 4.11 rear end? Should I switch to the 3.55 + LSD
>of the verde, or stick with the current one? Some one told me that the
>4.11 with the 3.0 would be pointless. That there'd be barely any 1st
>gear, and that the 3.0 doesn't rev like the 2.5 so it wouldn't work as
>well. Any suggestions? Comments? Experience? Thanks in advance.
when i got a 3.0 into my gtwe6, i installed a milano platinum 4.10 lsd t/a -
coulda found a werde t/a, but i *wanted* the shorter gearing. (tho i've heard
that the platinum t/a has slitely taller 1st gear than the non-lsd t/a's -
anyone?)  i'm seriously contemplating switching out the 3.55 t/a in my werde for
a platinum t/a.  the shorter gearing is much more fun, imho, and while the 2.5
*does* rev easier than the 3.0, the shorter gearing helps the 3.0 rev a bit
faster...

one person's opinion,

doug s.