Re: Giulia Brakes:

I believe that the '62 and '63 Giulia Spiders, 1600 Giulia Sprint, and the
'63 Giulia TI, each were equiped with three shoe front brakes and two shoe
rear brakes. This whole brake system was borrowed from the Sprint Zagato and
the Guilietta SS. It was the ultamte development of the drum brake. I think a
well set up three shoe systerm stops every bit as well as disks, and is far
mor interesting to work on.
	The swithch to Gurling front disks on the 1600 Giulia Sprint and Spider came
during the '64 model year. The TI went through a more difficult transition,
Disk Drum, Dunlop Disk all around, and finally in late '67 ATE all around.
	 The '64 and '65 Giulia Spiders have several differences from the '63; most
notably the Alfa Romeo Script on the trunk, the Disk Brakes, and a map light
under the glove box. The 1600 Veloce Spiders all had Disk Drum combo, and were
only built in '64 and '65. There are only 1091 true 1600 Veloce's.
Ciao
Bill Gillham
'59 Sprint
'61 Sprint Speciale