Re: MIlano shifter rod connection

At 09:44 AM 5/11/99 -0400, John Katos wrote:
> farrell@domain.elided writes:
>
><< I have a question: How does the shift rod attach (or
> detach) from what looks like the 4-bar linkage at the front of the clutch
> housing.  >>
>
>Hi,
>The rod is attached to the linkage by a roll pin and the linkage is attached
>to the trans selector shaft with a roll pin. They can be a real pain in the
>ass to remove. I understand that there is a special strap type of pin pusher
>but I don't have one. Removing only the pin from the selector shaft /
linkage

If you've ever tried to bash the pin out, you won't BELIEVE how easy it is
if you use some sort of pushing or pulling tool. I made a sort of
mini-press from some scrap metal and a bolt before I started on my GTV6
(which has the isostatic linkage), and the pin was out in 30 seconds. Most
of that time was spent turning the bolt.... You can use also channel-locks
(I believe that's what they're called: fairly big adjustable pliers) and a
piece of thin rod to push the pin out, unless it's rusted in place.

>clutch cover off. Other things to watch for: Make sure you have a decent
>THREE arm puller to get the clutch yoke off. When putting it back use

Question: could the drivetrain vibration I have be due to a bent clutch
yoke? In other words, are they easily bent by hitting with a hammer to get
them off (cringe...)? I didn't use the hammer, but I think the DPO did,
because the yoke looked marked.

>Locktite(R) red. Put a strap on the clutch slave cylinder pushrod since
there
>is not a stop, ask me how I know. If/when you bleed the clutch put
together a
>simple pressure system at around twenty psig. Take a close look at the
clutch

One or two sturdy cable ties are useful as a strap. And have the slave
cylinder hanging down with the bleeder at the top.

Met vriendelijke groeten, regards
Dr.Ir. J.H. Bouma  <j.h.bouma@domain.elided>
University of Twente, Dept. of Energy Technology
tel.: (0)53 - 489 40 98
fax: (0)53 - 489 36 63