164 - door mirror comments

In AD V7 #700 and #704 the question has been raised:

"...Hi,
The newly purchased mirror is now fitted to the car and a lot better it
looks for that! One problem is that the air conditioning sensor is
hanging down and I cant seem to get it back in anywhere so that I can
get the little plastic cover on...:"

I can't say anything about the air conditioning sensor in the mirror,
although I have automatic A/C.
I had problems with the left outside mirror, because it failed to scroll
in some directions, so an experienced mechanic helped me. He dismounted
the mirror, repaired the small electric motor inside and put the mirror
together. During disassembly he had to take off the glass mirror that
was glued to the movable plastic background. Sorry, but I didn't see the
sensor. So the question remains open.

What I can comment on is the following: demisting is done twice:

1.	by blowing warm air into the mirror housing;
2.	by electrical heating the mirror.

Do you know how to switch mirror heating on? With the rear window
defrosting/demisting button.

(I should have written that in September, not now, in May!)   o<(:-))

Hi,
Just to clear up on the issue of the unmentioned screw. I in no way
intended to attach blame for the omission in the FAQ's, its just one of
those things and the damage is inconsequential, the comment was meant
merely as an update for any others attempting the same procedure.
Apologies if any offence was caused as the info in the FAQ's certainly
sped the job up.
PS. No one said where to stuf the aircon sensor, clean answers only
please!
Kind regards,
Mike

Hi, Mike!

No offence taken. As you could see from my reply, I had also understood
your comment in such a way that you just want to give a warning to
others and to improve the procedure -  which I have also proposed at the
end of my post. I still believe that overall we are discussing
benevolently and trying absolutely only to help each other and not by
INTENTIONALLY giving incorrect or incomplete (or even misleading)
instructions to put someone in additional trouble besides one already
having when asking for a solution.

Regards,
              Rajko

P.S.
I hope you managed to assemble the door panel correctly, since it was
probably not a big deal to find a new screw. To me it usually happens
that I break either of the two (plastic) parts screw is tightening and
not the screw.
 := 0(

Rajko Sabo, Slovenia
90 164 QV Zender