Re: cat swap question

Dave, you might try 'discount converter' at http://www.discountconverter.com
before making a converter conversion. Several people have mentioned them
here on the digest before. I think they were generally pleased with the
converters but there was a minor problem fitting a milano one. I just tried
to get a price for you and it seems they've removed the price list from the
web site. Their phone number is there though and I think the spider ones
were under $200.

I, for one, have bought a spider with with homade center and rear exhaust
sections and I didn't appreciate it too much. They didn't seem to be tuned
for the 4 cylinder and sounded pretty ratty. I replaced them with real
spider exhaust sections which I like much better.

Let us know if you try the 'discount converters' I currently could use one
for my milano, and some of my spiders aren't too far behind. I'd like to
know how they fit.

Hope this helps

Phil Williams
3 spiders and a platinum

- -----------------------------
  Subject: cat swap question

  hi all.

  my cat converter is shot & needs to be replaced, however,
  the $380-450 price tag is sticker shocking me, so, since i
  can do a tad bit of welding i was thinking i'd buy a cat for
  another car & weld it in place. has anyone done this before?
  and if so, what make/model car's converter should i buy?
  is there an oxygen sensor, and if so, is it a generic sort of
  hole that it threads into, or alfa specific? the car is an
  86 spider grad.

  thanks much!

  dave sisson
  houston, tx