MIlano shifter rod connection

MIlano experts:

I am in the process of replacing the clutch in my MIlano--still in
dissassembly stage.  I have a question: How does the shift rod attach (or
detach) from what looks like the 4-bar linkage at the front of the clutch
housing.  There is what appears to be a pinch bolt on the shift rod from
the shift lever.  If I disconnect this can I leave all the other linkage as
is on the clutch housing?

Also, any other tricks that might help me get where I'm going?  Colin
Verelli's account of r/r clutch on his GTV6 is very helpful, but Milano is
a little different in a few places.  Thanks for any suggestions.

Pat Farrell (Madison, WI)