Re: oil changes

On the question of miles between changes------------------------------

I'm running Motul 15-50 (full ester based synthetic.) After about 2000
miles ( about half of it on the track) the oil appears very dark--almost
black. The engine only has 40,000 miles on it--Does the color mean I
should change the oil after 2000 or 3000 miles? Everything else is
fine--no excessive oil useage--good viscosity--no reduction in
pressure--no burned smell.

I'm using a K&N oil filter which I assume is better than stock.

Regards,
Alan G. Lambert___________________________________<gerard@domain.elided>
           *******Los Altos, California (office)*******